Throughout history, women have shaped and changed our culture — and in this program, we’re celebrating three phenomenal women composers. With music that ranges from classical to bebop, swing, and jazz, Valerie Coleman pays musical tribute to incredible women who’ve overcome adversity and changed our world for the better.
Written to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Star-Spangled Banner, Jessie Montgomery explores the question: What does a musical anthem for 21st century America sound like? Plus, the Boise Phil Master Chorale and soloist Margaret Gawrysiak take the stage for a rare performance of Lili Boulanger’s hauntingly beautiful Psalm 130.
Eric Garcia conductor
Boise Phil Wind Quintet
Margaret Gawrysiak mezzo-soprano
Boise Phil Master Chorale
Jessie MONTGOMERY Banner
Valerie COLEMAN Phenomenal Women for Wind Quintet Soli and Chamber Orchestra
Lili BOULANGER Psalm 130: Du fond de l’abîme
This concert will be filmed and available on the Digital Stage on March 4, 2022.
Start your 7-Day FREE TRIAL Today!
Season Subscribers have free access to the Digital Stage all season long.
- All guests must provide proof of a lab-confirmed negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 48 hours prior to the event, or provide proof of full vaccination, with a valid photo ID
- All Boise Phil staff, musicians, and artists are required to be vaccinated or regularly submit negative COVID-19 test results
- Until further notice, all concerts are limited to half capacity
- Masks are required for all guests, staff, and musicians regardless of vaccination status at Boise Phil concerts
- Disposable masks will be available at the event
STAY AT HOME IF YOU ARE ILL
- Stay home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms, have been in contact with someone known to be or suspected to have been infected with COVID-19 within the last 10 days, or if you are subject to a quarantine or isolation order
SANITIZE YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the event