We dare you to make it through this concert without tapping your toes! The exuberant energy of Latin dance bursts onto stage with Márquez’s famous orchestral showpiece, complete with snappy syncopations and the clap of castinents. Samuel Coleridge-Taylor tells the legendary story of Ojibwe warrior Hiawatha through music that moves. Then, the drama turns up for Shcherdrin’s creative reimagination of Bizet’s famous opera Carmen, brought to life by Ballet Idaho. Don’t miss this inventive and loving remix of the themes we all know and love, from the sultry Habañera to the brash song of the Toreador.
Eric Garcia conductor
Ricardo Amarante choreographer
Arturo MÁRQUEZ Danzón No. 2
Samuel COLERIDGE-TAYLOR Hiawatha Suite (Ballet)
Rodion SHCHEDRIN Carmen Suite (after Bizet)
This concert will be filmed and available on the Digital Stage on April 8, 2022.
Start your 7-Day FREE TRIAL Today!
Season Subscribers have free access to the Digital Stage all season long.
- All guests must provide proof of a lab-confirmed negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 48 hours prior to the event, or provide proof of full vaccination, with a valid photo ID
- All Boise Phil staff, musicians, and artists are required to be vaccinated or regularly submit negative COVID-19 test results
- Until further notice, all concerts are limited to half capacity
- Masks are required for all guests, staff, and musicians regardless of vaccination status at Boise Phil concerts
- Disposable masks will be available at the event
STAY AT HOME IF YOU ARE ILL
- Stay home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms, have been in contact with someone known to be or suspected to have been infected with COVID-19 within the last 10 days, or if you are subject to a quarantine or isolation order
SANITIZE YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the event