World War II upended the lives of countless artists, including scores of composers who fled Nazi Germany and found sanctuary in America. These composers’ rich and colorful music became the soundscape of stage and screen in the 1940s. Revisit the Golden Age of cinema with music from Waxman’s iconic soundtrack for Sunset Boulevard. Catch that same Hollywood glam in Korngold’s exquisite Violin Concerto, with its soaring, lush melodies and high drama. Hindemith’s colorful orchestral showpiece, bold and beautiful, rounds out the program.
Eric Garcia conductor
Blake Pouliot violin
Franz WAXMAN Suite from Sunset Boulevard
Paul HINDEMITH Symphonic Metamorphosis of Themes by Carl Maria von Weber
Erich KORNGOLD Violin Concerto in D major
This concert will be filmed and available on the Digital Stage on January 21, 2022.
Start your 7-Day FREE TRIAL Today!
Season Subscribers have free access to the Digital Stage all season long.
- All guests must provide proof of a lab-confirmed negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 48 hours prior to the event, or provide proof of full vaccination, with a valid photo ID
- All Boise Phil staff, musicians, and artists are required to be vaccinated or regularly submit negative COVID-19 test results
- Until further notice, all concerts are limited to half capacity
- Masks are required for all guests, staff, and musicians regardless of vaccination status at Boise Phil concerts
- Disposable masks will be available at the event
STAY AT HOME IF YOU ARE ILL
- Stay home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms, have been in contact with someone known to be or suspected to have been infected with COVID-19 within the last 10 days, or if you are subject to a quarantine or isolation order
SANITIZE YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the event
ARTIST SPONSORED BY BILL & NANCY BARKELL
and KAY HARDY & GREGORY KASLO